A roof replacement is a major investment – one that most homeowners in Winnipeg go through at least once. So, it’s natural to wonder how long you can expect your shingle roof to last. The options may seem overwhelming, but asphalt shingles are a great choice for almost any home in Winnipeg. Asphalt shingles are durable, affordable and come in an incredible variety of colors and styles to match almost any exterior.
“Asphalt roofing looks even better when you stack it up against the competition: Metal, tile, slate and wood,” the association notes. “None of these materials can match the wide array of benefits only asphalt roofing provides. Whether it’s superb colors and beautiful styles you’re looking for, or unparalleled durability and performance, the bottom line is you simply won’t find all these features in a single material… unless it’s asphalt.”
There’s a reason why asphalt shingle roofs are popular. Four out of every five homes in Winnipeg enjoy the benefits of versatile, affordable asphalt shingle roofing. Asphalt shingles hold their own against the competition — metal, tile, slate, and wood — when it comes to durability, performance, color, style and, perhaps most importantly, price. Asphalt roofing shingles are a key component of affordable roof replacement.
Asphalt shingles can endure extreme weather conditions and are manufactured to withstand fire and wind. Asphalt roofing shingles also cost less than other shingle types, such as tile or slate. The lifespan of asphalt shingles is typically between 10-15 years.
According to our friends at CertainTeed, one of the nation’s leading producers of roofing materials, there are three primary types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-tab shingles — also referred to as three-tab shingles.
- Dimensional shingles — sometimes called architectural or laminate shingles.
- Luxury shingles — occasionally called premium shingles.
Asphalt shingle roofs can protect virtually any kind of home and enhance its curb appeal. Here is the 3 benefits of Asphalt Shingle Roofs:
- Excellent Life Cycle Cost – A product’s life cycle cost is the total cost of owning the product throughout its expected life span. It includes the cost of product installation, maintenance, repair, removal, and eventual disposal. Asphalt shingles have a great life cycle cost. They cost less to own when compared with other roofing materials while still delivering comparable performance. An asphalt shingle roof can protect your home from bad weather for decades.
- Incredible Durability – All Weather Exteriors only installs the highest quality roofing materials for our customers. These shingles have passed the roofing industry’s toughest wind and weather resistance tests.
- Great Versatility – Asphalt shingles come in a very wide range of colors, designs, and profiles. This allows them to look great on virtually any kind of architectural style. There are shingles that can mimic the distinctive appearance of wood shake, clay tile, or slate. During our initial consultation, we will discuss the many options available to you and explain which product or color scheme will look best on your home.
It all starts with the shingles – your roof’s first line of defense. Today’s high-quality shingles and starter shingles are designed for improved impact and tear-off resistance. On top of that, they can also boost your home’s curb appeal. Some options are even eco-friendly and can help you save more on energy costs.
Asphalt shingles are an important component of an affordable roof replacement. All Weather Exteriors is a leader in asphalt shingle roof replacement and installation. We rely on the industry’s highest-quality roofing products to construct a sound, sturdy whole roof system that lasts for years. We build trust and peace of mind into every All Weather Exteriors roof.