We have discussed in previous blogs how a roof repair/replacement is beneficial to you. Not only will it provide you with the peace of mind that you and your family are safe and comfortable through different seasons, but it also adds great value to your home.
Just like with everything else that we need to accomplish, however, there are some challenges that we need to work on in order to have what we need to be done. Let’s talk about one of them when it comes to roof replacements.
Having people in the house, working while you’re at home may be something that could stop you from having house repairs. The good news is, it only takes a couple of days to do a roof replacement! You still get to do most of your everyday chores, as long as safety guidelines are followed, because All Weather Exteriors prioritizes safety. And for the things you can’t do while our men are working on your roof, hey, how bad can a couple of days be, right?
While we guarantee to take care of everything with repairing/replacing your roof and to make sure that we clean up after our work is done, let’s talk about how we can work together to make things go more easily.
- Expect that there will be a lot of noise and that the place will be a mess during the repair/replacement and your patience is appreciated. In any case that it becomes intolerable for you and your family, it may be wise to find a place near your home where you can stay temporarily, especially if you have kids.
- If you do have kids and decide to stay in the house during the repairs, make sure that they stay away from the dangerous areas of the house. You can keep them busy on an activity inside a room where it is safe for them to stay in.
- If you have pets, you may want to take them outside, to make sure that they will not be running around the house which is not safe for them.
- Please do not have people over. I know some of us love being around friends and family but it wouldn’t hurt to avoid gatherings for a couple of days while roof work is ongoing.
- Understand that we will have to move things around to make sure that none of your furniture is damaged. Feel free to let us know if there is something that needs to be handled with specific care.
And as for the rest, no worries. Our roofing experts will be there to educate you and organize with you at all times, making sure that the whole process is manageable for you. Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, and to ask for advice on how to properly maintain your roof. All Weather Exteriors serves roofing and home exteriors all over Winnipeg, Manitoba. Whether you are looking into doing a repair or having a complete roof replacement and home exteriors work done, get in touch with All Weather Exteriors to learn more about the service.