Taking care of your roof is not just about repair or replacement. Proper maintenance plays an important part if you want your roofing system to keep functioning efficiently. Your roof is much more than just your shingles. It is made up of different parts and each of them needs proper maintenance.
Gutters play an important role in protecting you and your home from the effects of heavy rains. There are a lot of things that can cause your gutters to get clogged like shingle granules, tree branches and of course, leaves. As we are now enjoying the beautiful season of Autumn, leaves falling on your roof actually pose a threat to the integrity of your home.
All Weather Exteriors is a Winnipeg roofing company that is expert on everything about roofs and home exteriors. We have an in-depth knowledge on proper roof maintenance and we provide quality service to make sure that you have nothing to worry about with all your roofing and home exterior needs.
We fully understand the importance of gutters and the problems that come along when they are not properly maintained. Here are some of the things cleaning your gutters would do:
- Prevent Gutter Damage. If debris keeps piling up in your gutters, it significantly increases their weight, causing them to bend and start to pull away from fixings. Organic debris also corrodes the aluminum which most gutters are made of. If this happens, more damage will follow as gutters play important roles in making your home efficient in keeping you protected.
- Prevent Roof Damage. A clean gutter system directs the rainwater flow off your roof through the downspout which is directed away from the exteriors and the foundation of your home. If rainwater is not directed away from your house because your gutters are either clogged or broken, the water will overflow from your roof, damaging shingles as well as different parts of your roofing system.
- Prevent Foundation Damage and Basement Flooding. If your gutters are clogged, water will not flow through the downspout and away from your home as it is supposed to. As water overflows from your roof and pools around your property, it weakens and eventually destroys the foundation of your home.
Consequently, as your foundation wears down, the water that collects on the ground around your property will begin to leak into the basement and eventually cause basement flooding. This not only means an unsafe house to live in but also very slim chances of selling your house in the future.
- Prevent Water Damage. Water overflowing from your roof will cause serious damage not only to your roofing system but to other parts of your home, both exterior and interior. It can travel fast from your roof to your attic, then to your ceiling creating further damage to the interior of your home in the form of leaking.
Leaking roofs can not only destroy your walls, flooring and furniture, it can also cause electrical shorts once the water gets into the electrical wiring which in turn can lead to a fire.
- Keep Out Pests and Prevent Health Problems. Gutters clogged with leaves and other debris are very appealing to critters. These become breeding grounds for pests. Rodents and insects love sitting water and if rainwater gets stuck in the gutters for too long, not only your gutters become home to rats, mosquitos, and other pests, but they will eventually find their way into your home too.
Having drainage problems poses a great threat to your family’s health. Pooling water can be a perfect home to disease carrying insects like mosquitoes and roaches. Moisture problems caused by poor drainage can lead to infestations of mold and mildew which can cause serious health issues like respiratory failure and increased risk of infection.
Keeping your gutters clean provides more benefits that you may realize. In the same way, the damage that clogged gutters can cause is beyond what you can imagine. Especially now that the season can fill your gutters with fallen leaves, make time to check them regularly to make sure that your roof drainage system keeps functioning properly.
For all your Winnipeg roofing, exteriors and painting needs, you can count on All Weather Exteriors to provide you with the quality of service that you and your home deserve. We offer gutter guard installations and we can provide you with the best recommendations for your property. Let us know how we can help you maintain the value of your most important investment, your home.
Call us: (204) 510 2959
Send us an Email: email@example.com